Drivers from Santa Ana and Culver City will be able to pick out their own ideal 2017 Toyota Tacoma from the following list of six trim levels:
- TRD Sport
- TRD Off-Road
- TRD Pro
Powertrains and MPG Ratings
The 2017 Toyota Tacoma delivers an expressive and engaging drive whether you’re heading across the backcountry, hauling a trailer, or simply zipping around the city. That’s something you can thank its sophisticated engine for.
The base engine is a 2.7L four-cylinder that produces 159 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque. It’s available with 2WD or 4WD:
- 2WD: 19 mpg city/23 mpg highway* with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- 4WD: 19 mpg city/21 mpg highway* with a 5-speed manual transmission, or 19 mpg city/22 mpg highway* with a 6-speed automatic.
The available 3.5L Atkinson-cycle direct injection V6 is able to command up to 278 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque, and also gives you a choice between 2WD and AWD:
- 2WD: 19 mpg city/24 mpg highway* with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- 4WD: 17 mpg city/21 mpg highway* with a 6-speed manual transmission, or 18 mpg city/23 mpg highway* with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Tacoma also delivers a number of performance features to allow for the capable and confident traversing of unfriendly terrain. Crawl Control will automatically vary the throttle and braking systems, ensuring that you can maintain focus on your route. You can even cycle between five different drive modes, each one customized to meet the unique demands of separate terrain types.
Towing and Payload Capacities
The Tacoma’s below-the-hood stats translate into real-world capability. Just take a look at its towing and payload specs:
- Towing: Properly equipped, the Tacoma is able to tow up to a considerable 6,800 pounds.
- Payload: The Tacoma can carry up to 1,440 pounds, so there’s little reason to worry about overloading the bed.
Santa Ana and Culver City drivers will experience boundless comfort when they ride in the Tacoma. It offers soft-touch materials as standard and is available with leather-trimmed seating surfaces.
Here are just a few of the vehicle’s features:
- Dual-Zone Climate Control: Both the driver and their front passenger will receive individual temperature controls. No need to worry about one being too hot or too cold.
- GoPro Mount: Each Tacoma comes with a GoPro camera mount, so you’ll be able to track your adventures and enjoy them later.
- Entune Audio System: Whether you need to access music or GPS navigation, you’ll be able to do so with ease on the Tacoma’s high-resolution 7-inch touchscreen display. You can even access your favorite mobile apps with the Entune App Suite.
- Qi-Compatible Wireless Charging: Having your smartphone run out of battery can be a major problem — it sometimes seems like our whole lives run through them, after all. Just put yours on the available Qi wireless charging platform to have the battery filled as you drive.
The 2017 Tacoma has been developed with high-strength steel throughout. Both lightweight and incredibly resilient to damage, it optimizes performance while ensuring heightened peace of mind compared to many other trucks on the market.
It also offers the Star Safety System, which includes:
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Traction Control (TRAC)
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology (SST)
Further driver-assistance technologies can be equipped for your convenience, including:
- Rear Parking Assist Sonar: Sensors read the area behind your vehicle; audible chimes vary in intensity as you approach rear obstructions.
- Blind Spot Monitor: Provides a warning indicator on the appropriate side-mirror if a vehicle enters your blind spot.
- Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: Delivers a warning if vehicles are approaching from your right or left while you’re backing up.
The 2017 Tacoma Awaits You at Marina Del Rey Toyota
There’s more than one reason why discerning truck drivers around Santa Ana and Culver City, CA are opting for the 2017 Toyota Tacoma. To explore the vehicle for yourself or arrange a test drive, just visit Marina Del Rey Toyota today.
* 2016 EPA-estimated city/highway mileage. Actual mileage may vary.