When you choose to drive home in a 2017 Toyota Sequoia, you’ll have three trim levels from which to choose:
- SR5: Starting at $45,460*, the SR5 starts the Sequoia line off strong with standard features such as Entune Audio Plus with 6.1-inch touchscreen, tri-zone automatic climate control, and integrated backup camera.
- Limited: Starting at $54,250*, the Limited enhances convenience with a power liftgate, optimizes entertainment with a JBL Synthesis audio system, and upgrades comfort with leather-trimmed seating.
- Platinum: Starting at $61,990*, the Platinum model provides perforated leather-trimmed heated and ventilated front seats, integrated navigation, rear-seat Blu-ray disc player, and a Blind Spot Monitor with lane change assist.
Powertrains and mpg
Crafting a vehicle able to deliver anything from an agile drive across the streets of LA to a commanding crawl across rugged off-road trails can be tricky business, but the team at Toyota were the right people to take on the task. They’ve ensured that the Sequoia will excel across unfathomably diverse locations by fitting a sophisticated powertrain across all trim levels:
- 5.7L i-FORCE V8 DOHC: Harnesses up to a herculean 381-hp alongside a trail-conquering 401 lb.-ft. of torque.
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission: Not just any automatic, the Sequoia’s transmission is Electronically Controlled with intelligence (ECT-i), ensuring seamless shifting and up to 13 mpg in the city and 17 mpg on the highway*.
An advanced Automatic Limited-Slip Differential (Auto LSD) monitors the brakes to reduce wheel-spin for enhanced traction across unpredictable road surfaces or adverse weather conditions, and the available 4WD system allows you to travel into the untamed heart of the great outdoors. If you need to bring your outdoor toys with you, or even pull a loaded trailer, the Sequoia’s 7,400-lb. towing capacity can make it happen.
The Sequoia is bold and brash on the outside, but that rugged exterior conceals a cabin boasting generous dimensions and a wealth of comfort fittings. There’s space for eight to seat themselves comfortably, and a third-row legroom measurement of 35.3 inches attests to the fact that the rear seats aren’t only made to accommodate children.
And if you need to pack plenty of cargo, the Sequoia can accommodate:
- Cargo Space Behind 3rd Row: Up to 18.9 cubic feet.
- Cargo Space Behind 2nd Row: Up to 66.6 cubic feet.
- Cargo Space Behind 1st Row: Up to 120.1 cubic feet.
You can access that cargo area using the available power liftgate, and fold-flat third-row seats can be stowed at the touch of a button.
With comfort features such as tri-zone climate control coming as standard and available upgrades such as heated and ventilated leather seats, the Sequoia evokes an upscale atmosphere not commonly found in so capable a vehicle.
It also packs a wealth of top-notch technologies, including:
- Blu-ray Disc Player: Rear passengers will be able to chill out to Blu-rays on a 9-inch display, with sound coming through two wireless headphones.
- Entune App Suite: Whether you want to find shops in Santa Ana using Yelp or tickets to the latest blockbuster in Culver City using MovieTickets.com, you can use a variety of popular apps right through your Sequoia, including Destination Search, iHeartRadio, OpenTable, Pandora, Facebook Places, and Slacker Radio.
- Front and Rear Parking Assist Sonar: Advanced sensors mounted in the front and rear bumpers provide audible alerts that vary in frequency as you approach obstructions, making parking feel effortless.
The Sequoia can keep the kids entertained on the way out to your next hike, find and book a restaurant for a well-earned meal once you’re done, and even make slipping into the eatery’s parking lot feel easier. Tempted yet?
As a family vehicle, the 2017 Sequoia has been designed for strength and durability, so we anticipate top safety scores. It also manages to bring drivers a string of safety features as standard across all models, including:
- Enhanced Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Traction Control (TRAC)
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology (SST).
The 2017 Toyota Sequoia is the Ultimate Vehicle for Adventurous Families
If you’re looking for a three-row SUV with space to spare and power aplenty, the 2017 Sequoia should be right at the top of your list. To find out more, just contact one of the team here at Marina Del Rey Toyota today.