How to Change Your Oil
Is it time to change your oil again? Have you thought about trying to do it on your own before? Changing your own oil can be a fun way to learn more about your car, but it’s important to make sure that you take the proper steps to get the job done right. Let the team at Marina del Rey help guide you through the process, and count on our factory-trained technicians for all your maintenance and repair needs.
The Importance of Changing Your Oil
Getting your oil changed on time is one of the easiest and most important ways to ensure that your vehicle is working at peak performance and efficiency and that it will continue to do so for years to come. Oil serves as the lubricant that keeps the engine’s pistons from creating too much friction and overheating. Failure to change your oil on time can lead to big trouble with the engine, including diminished performance and even catastrophic engine failure.
Steps to Take When Changing Your Vehicle’s Oil
Now that you see how essential it is to change your oil on time, find out what steps to take to make sure you do the job right:
- Check your vehicle manual to make sure it’s time to change your oil and the type of oil to use.
- Get all the necessary materials, including wrenches, a new oil filter, and replacement oil.
- Make sure the vehicle’s motor system is warm, not hot or cold.
- Raise the car up for easier access if needed.
- Drain the oil from the vehicle.
- Make sure to put the drain plug back on tightly with a wrench.
- Switch out the oil filter.
- Put new oil into the system.
- Wait a few minutes and check the oil level using the dipstick.
Get Help with Your Next Oil Change at Marina del Rey Toyota
While some people like the idea of more fully understanding their vehicle by changing the oil on their own, others would prefer to leave it to the professionals. If that’s the case for you, then we invite you to rely on the certified technicians at Marina del Rey Toyota’s service department, located at 4636 Lincoln Blvd in Marina del Rey, CA. We’re open Monday through Saturday. While you’re here, also check out the competitive financing options on our new Toyota models. If you have any questions for us, you can always contact our staff directly at (310) 439-9894.